Monday, September 06, 2010

project macaroons



Bonjour, mes amis! I hope this holiday weekend was relaxing and enjoyable for everyone, because it certainly was for moi! I spent part of the weekend at my parents' home and the other part at my alma mater at a football game (Gig 'em, Ags!). It's hard to believe that this year is my 10 year anniversary from college. Where does the time go????? So, so, so scary, but that's another topic for another day. Point is, I had a great time reconnecting with old friends, watching good football, and generally feeling nostalgic for the good old days.

But, now, back to reality. Off to the work grind tomorrow, but I have a fun new project under my belt - macaroons! Before Paris, a macaroon was a boring little cookie, usually made of coconut. Nothing of any real consequence to me. After Paris, oh. my. goodness! Why have I never had such yumminess before? Regardless, my new project is to try to bake some myself. I am so not a cook, but I'm going to give these a try. Lately, I've had major macaroon tunnel vision, so I have to give it a shot - succeed or fail.

Anyway, there are 2 recipes I'm looking at. This one or this one. I plan to spend this week gathering up whatever I need and this weekend I will become a Parisian baking queen. :)

Hope everyone has une semaine magnifique!

No comments: