Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Return to the Blogosphere

I just realized that it has been almost 6 months since my last post. It's ridiculous how insane my life has been, particularly at work. But, as its starting to slow back down to a tolerable pace, I'm drawn back to my little blog. So, what's been happening to me these past 6 months? Well, I've been doing the work of 2 attorneys (literally - like had a couple of minor breakdowns too), I was elected president of the board of directors of a non-profit I'm part of (which opened up a whole other door of problems, to-dos, etc), I took my first international vacation to PARIS; I turned 32 (boo); and I've been keeping up with each of my fav blogs quietly in the midst of all my chaos.


So, after 6 months of stress and a fab vacay to my dream city, I've been in a kind of "me time" mood. Don't get me wrong, I still give it my all at the office and make sure all my work is done, but I definitely have been doing some mental health recovery, if you will. I generally leave the office before 6:00 and I spend my evenings catching up on six months of back issues of Yoga Journal and InStyle magazines. And I dream...still...about a perfect life, with more creativity and sans other peoples problems, politics, and all the unnecessary meanness that I see everyday. But, I suppose that's better left for another post, another day. Here are some things that are making me tres joyeux right now:

1. Victoria Beckham - I never paid much attention to Victoria during the Spice Girls years, but I must say that I've been paying attention to her for the past few years. Not only do I think she's ubber-stylish, but her fashion line is FAB! If only I was a small as she is so I would actually be willing to spend $2k on one of her dresses.

2. Meeting Kimberly Wilson for the first time during her Texas book tour! After following her blog, podcasts, books, etc. for over 4 years, I finally get to meet someone that I truly look up to this August!

3. My new short haircut that looks surprising similar to this pic of Victoria B. (shock!). After years of growing up believing that only long hair is beautiful, I had a sudden urge to chop it off (it was gradually getting shorter with each visit to the hair stylist, so it really wasn't THAT big of a change) right before my Paris trip and I absolutely LOVE it! This sounds sad, but for well over a year I was in a style rut. I was more inclined to just pull my wet hair in a bun and wear glasses every day with minimal makeup than actually make an effort. I don't know if it's the haircut, the trip to Paris, or both, but I've been quite inspired lately and it's fun that people are noticing. It definitely takes my mind off the things that I'm tired of thinking about.



4. And last, but not least, Paris! I've been in love with Paris longer than I can remember. Maybe it started with my first subscription to Vogue magazine in high school or after years of cute Paris overkill at every Hobby Lobby I encounter, but who cares, my facination is here to stay. I was slightly concerned that actually visiting Paris might be underwhelming since I had built it up for so many years, but nothing could be further from the truth. Paris was amazing, life changing, and is definitely a place I want to spend much, much more time.




Anyway, that's me for now. I hope the few readers I did have will find their way back here and I hope everyone is well! :)


shannon

No comments: