Wednesday, July 21, 2010

lazy day


Bonjour!

Today has been a much needed lazy day. It started early, though, with a drive downtown to the federal courthouse for my swearing in ceremony. This federal district does things so much more intimately and personally than other federal districts. Only 6 of us were sworn in today, each of us was required to have a "sponsor" (an attorney already sworn into this district) introduce us to the judge, and after the ceremony we got to sign "the book" (a book of signatures of every attorney sworn into this federal district since 1878). My supervisor was my sponsor and our District Attorney even attended and said a few good words about me to the judge. It was one of those ceremonies that makes me excited to be in the legal profession.

Afterwards, my sweetheart and I decided to have brunch and then I was off to a work conference, which ended earlier than anticipated but late enough to make returning to the office unnecessary. So, home I went and caught up on blogs, found some new ones that I'm already loving, and generally just had a lazy evening. Don't you love when you get a surprise lazy day?

2 comments:

The Depressed Yogi said...

I LOVE lazy days! And that's cool that your swearing in ceremony was so intimate!! P.S. Glad you're back in the blogosphere

shannon said...

Thanks, Carolyn! It's good to be back. :)