Sometimes I’m a little slow on the draw, but I recently discovered that March is a month long French Cultures Festival in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas! How random and wonderful is that? Of course, I discovered this at the end of March, so I missed most of the fun festivities, but I’ll be ready for everything next year.
One thing I did not miss was Houston Ballet’s Marie, a ballet about the life of Marie Antoinette. It was very well done and stunningly beautiful. I was surprised by how simple the sets were, but it was an interesting change from most interpretations of that time period, with over the top abundance and glamour.
Another event that I’ll be sure not to miss is the upcoming French Fete! at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. An evening of champagne and hors d’oeuvres while viewing French Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art. Speaking of the MFAH, it has also recently joined forces with the Musee du Louvre and opened a new exhibit of 18th century art! Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment