It’s been exactly 2 months since my last post. I’ve been re-reading old blog posts from December and January, especially when I was participating in the #reverb10. I remember just pouring through all those prompts during my Christmas vacation like a crazy person. It’s pretty insane reading what was going through my mind at that time now that I know what was to happen shortly thereafter – a new job, a new city. It’s been a good reminder that intuition exists and how important it is to listen and act on it.
So, what have I been up to for the past couple of months? Well, moving, adjusting to apartment life (ugh!), starting a new job, finding do-gooding opportunities in the community, only seeing my sweetie and my dogs on the weekends (so hard!), trying to motivate myself to work out and eat better (not going so well), and finding creative outlets.
One of the things that I have a seriously hard time with is following through on things I want to achieve outside of work. This has been a running issue I’ve brought up here and it just doesn’t seem to change. Even with the best plans and intentions, I don’t follow through. I don’t know if it is a lack of motivation, simple laziness, or that I really do just get thorough tunnel vision about work and zone out by the time I get home each evening. I think, like most things, it’s a combination of all of the above. Like anything important, building the life you want takes nurturing and, most importantly, awareness. So, I’m going to try to spend more time aware of my decisions and their impact on my larger goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment