This weekend, the bf and I went to College Station for the weekend. Technically, we stayed in Caldwell, a small(er) town by College Station, where the bf's friend lives. It was nice seeing my old college stomping ground again. On Friday, we went to one of my favorite restaurants there, Cafe Excel. On Saturday and Sunday, we all went to Aggie baseball games. Unfortunately, the Ags lost both games to t.u., but it was still fun nonetheless. I'm not a huge sports fan, and I still had fun. The bf always checks and double checks to make sure I want to be there. It gets a bit annoying, because if I don't want to go, then I won't go. Sometimes, I choose to do things because I really, really want to, but other times I'll do it because he wants to. There's nothing wrong with that, and I know he does the same thing for me too.
Anyway, so while we were in Olsen Field watching the games, my eye and mind drifted beyond the field and to the rest of the campus. It's hard to believe that it has been over five years since I lived there. You always think back and wish that you appreciated what you had back then more. I loved most of my time at A&M, but I always think I could have made better choices about the activities I was in (or not in) and about more professional preparation. I don't know, but nostaliga definitely got to me this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment