Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day!


Happy Valentine's Day! I've pretty much spent the day in utter laziness, which was fine with me. After sleeping in until 11:30, John and I finally made it to lunch at one of my fav restaurants in New Braunfels, Fork and Spoon. After a yummy lunch, we headed to an HEB Plus in San Antonio and bought some dinner makings. John is treating me to a homemade steak dinner tonight. So sweet of him! Filet mignon, caprese salad, grilled veggies, and mashed potatoes. Totally my kind of meal. I'm heading to Houston on Monday to spend some time with my parents, catch up with old friends, and attend a juvenile law conference - a much needed break!


On another note, check out what I found last night? The Blanco Lavender Festival! Every June the little town of Blanco has a festival completely dedicated to lavender. Apparently, that has become the upcoming crop around Blanco and Central Texas. Who would have thought, right? Anyway, since my desire to have my own lavender fields is a distant reality, I'm definitely going to check out the festival this year. People think I'm crazy, but this is so up my alley. I already can't wait until June!

No comments: