

I saw The Duchess this weekend. I am a serious sucker for period films - SERIOUS sucker. This movie did not fail in terms of great acting and beautiful costumes and sets. However, the thing that might just stop me from purchasing the movie was the ridiculous menage a trois between Keira Knightly's character, her husband, and her friend, who she generously opened their home to and then ends up sleeping with her husband! Even worse, her husband demands that the friend stay. Now, being me, I obviously googled the duchess of devonshire after watching the movie and, sure enough, that part is accurate. This third wheel lived with the duke and duchess for their entire marriage and when the duchess died she married the duke. So bizarre and seems quite uncomely during those times. The movie just left me with a bad feeling at the end. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect all movies to be simple and happy, but this was a bit much for me.
I won a motion to suppress hearing yesterday, which I was pleased about. There was actually nothing wrong with the statement the attorney was trying to suppress, but I guess he felt like he needed to go through the motions in order to make his client feel that he was doing his job. Who knows.
Last week I went to a little party for a jewelry line called Silpada. I bought a necklace and a pair of earrings but, to be perfectly honest, I think the stuff is extremely overpriced. I'm really crossing my fingers that what I ordered is nice. We will see! However, I did manage to get suckered into hosting a party myself, but it should be fun (plus it will give me an excuse to finally purchase a dining room table!).
No comments:
Post a Comment