Wow, tomorrow is the last day of 2008. It's hard to even attempt to contemplate where the year went - where the past month went, for that matter. I spent Christmas with my parents. It's always kind of weird going back to Houston - it changes so much each time I go back that it feels a little less and less like home. But at the same time, I always feel such nostalgia when I think back to high school and my friends. It makes me a bit sad. Regardless, it was nice seeing my parents and one of my high school friends that I haven't seen in a couple of years. John spent Christmas with his family in Odessa. First he got bored, then he got sick. No big shock there. :) It was the first time we spent Christmas apart in a few years, so it was kind of weird, but a little refreshing at the same time.
Work is still going at a frantic pace. It's getting so overwhelming that I'm starting to just shut down. But, I suppose I should be grateful for the work considering the economic concerns. I know a lot of attorneys in high paying, big firm jobs are getting laid off like crazy. It's kind of hard to be grateful sometimes, though. Especially when you have to deal with asshole defense lawyers and psycho protective order defendants. Today was a perfect example of the latter.
At least work ends tomorrow at 2pm and we have Thursday and Friday off. Another 4 day weekend! New Year's Day I plan on attending some free yoga classes hosted by my local yoga studio. I haven't taken a yoga class since April. I've pretty much been in a funk since that time and my body is feeling the consequences of that. Once again, I'm going to try to start the year off by taking better care of myself and I figure free classes means I can't talk myself out of going because of the price. Anyway, that's my current life in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment