Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You're Never Too Sick for New Shoes

I'm a bit under the weather today. Sore throat, groggy head. I'm praying it doesn't get much worse. Other than that, things are good. Work is constant, but not overwhelming. A couple of weeks ago, I got to spend a week in Austin for what is affectionately called "baby prosecutor school." It was great meeting young prosecutors from all over the state. I may have even made a connection with an attorney at the Harris County DA's office. Unfortunately, a major ice storm hit Austin that same week, and I was pretty much locked inside the hotel. It was still nice to get away from the work grind. Last night I participated in a teleclass with Kimberly Wilson, yoga instructor and author of Hip Tranquil Chick. I've never done anything like a teleclass before, so it was kind of neat. It was short, so she couldn't delve too deeply into the topics, but at the end she opened up the forum to questions and I realized people were there from Ohio, DC, and tons of other places. It's amazing how she has connected with so many people all over the county.

Anyway, I'm off because, in spite of my sickness, I must go shoe shopping!

No comments: